The Foundation aims to provide assistance:
1. To individuals of families living in Devon, including Plymouth and Torbay, who are suffering distress or hardship deriving from disability, illness, injury, berevement or exceptional disadvantage in circumstances where such assistance offers long- term benefit.
2. To registered charities operating in Devon whose aims and objectives are similar to those of the Foundation.
3. To students of limited means undertaking philanthropic activity, often abroad.
4. Grants are not available to meet debts such as Council Tax or energy bills. Other debts can only be considered if the applicant has negotiated a substantial reduction in the amount owing in “Full and Final Settlement”.
5. Applicants should always check that their needs cannot be satisfied by Social Services or other public funding.
Anyone receiving a grant must normally wait at least 1 year before applying again.